From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Felger Hutterite Bruderhof of 25 souls in 1951 near Lethbridge, Alberta, was founded in 1928. In the 1980s a dispute arose over entitlement and valuation of shares in a corporate farm in Alberta. This corporate farm, now valued at $5,700,000, had at one time been the Felger Hutterite colony. The Felger colony established the Pincher Creek Colony. Those who remained at Felger gradually rejected their religious heritage. At some stage in the 1940s the colony was excommunicated from the Hutterian Brethren Church.

Bibliography

Esau, Alvin J. "Hutterite Litigation." 1997. http://www.umanitoba.ca/Law/Courses/esau/litigation/huttlitigationweb.htm. (Accessed 13 October 2008).


Author(s) David Decker
Sam Steiner
Date Published 2008


Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David and Sam Steiner. "Felger Hutterite Colony (Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2008. Web. 12 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Felger_Hutterite_Colony_(Lethbridge,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=80766.

APA style

Decker, David and Sam Steiner. (2008). Felger Hutterite Colony (Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 12 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Felger_Hutterite_Colony_(Lethbridge,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=80766.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 321. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.