Difference between revisions of "Filadelfia Mennonite Brethren Church (Filadelfia, Fernheim Colony, Boquerón Department, Paraguay)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser /> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Filadelfia [[Mennonite Brethren Church|Mennonite Brethren]] Church was established in 1930 in the newly located capital of [[Fernheim Mennonite Church (Fernheim Colony, Boquerón Department, Paraguay)|Fernheim Colony]], by Mennonite Brethren (MB) refugee settlers from [[Russia|Russia]]. The meetinghouse was built in the town in 1952, and in 1950 a Bible School and Bible Institute were established in the church to serve the Paraguay MB group. The congregation, which had in 1957 a membership of 486, with Gerhard Balzer as leader, includes all of the Fernheim colony villages except the "Harbin corner," which has its own congregation ([[Orloff Mennonite Brethren Church (Fernheim Colony, Paraguay)|Orloff]]).
 
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser /> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Filadelfia [[Mennonite Brethren Church|Mennonite Brethren]] Church was established in 1930 in the newly located capital of [[Fernheim Mennonite Church (Fernheim Colony, Boquerón Department, Paraguay)|Fernheim Colony]], by Mennonite Brethren (MB) refugee settlers from [[Russia|Russia]]. The meetinghouse was built in the town in 1952, and in 1950 a Bible School and Bible Institute were established in the church to serve the Paraguay MB group. The congregation, which had in 1957 a membership of 486, with Gerhard Balzer as leader, includes all of the Fernheim colony villages except the "Harbin corner," which has its own congregation ([[Orloff Mennonite Brethren Church (Fernheim Colony, Paraguay)|Orloff]]).
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 1085|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 1085|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013

Filadelfia Mennonite Brethren Church was established in 1930 in the newly located capital of Fernheim Colony, by Mennonite Brethren (MB) refugee settlers from Russia. The meetinghouse was built in the town in 1952, and in 1950 a Bible School and Bible Institute were established in the church to serve the Paraguay MB group. The congregation, which had in 1957 a membership of 486, with Gerhard Balzer as leader, includes all of the Fernheim colony villages except the "Harbin corner," which has its own congregation (Orloff).


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Filadelfia Mennonite Brethren Church (Filadelfia, Fernheim Colony, Boquerón Department, Paraguay)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Filadelfia_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Filadelfia,_Fernheim_Colony,_Boquer%C3%B3n_Department,_Paraguay)&oldid=80795.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Filadelfia Mennonite Brethren Church (Filadelfia, Fernheim Colony, Boquerón Department, Paraguay). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Filadelfia_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Filadelfia,_Fernheim_Colony,_Boquer%C3%B3n_Department,_Paraguay)&oldid=80795.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1085. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.