From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
First Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 900 West Market St., [[Nappanee (Indiana, USA)|Nappanee]], [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], first known as the Amish Mennonite Church and later as the West Market Street Mennonite Church. It was a member of the [[Middle District Conference (General Conference Mennonite Church)|Middle District Conference]] (now part of the [[Central District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Central District Conference]]). Before 1923 the congregation was a member of the [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]] (MC). The congregation was organized in 1875 after groups of settlers had met for worship in homes and schoolhouses since 1853. The first meetinghouse was erected in 1878, rebuilt in 1910, and remodelled in 1926 and 1955, a frame structure with a seating capacity of about 250. In 1955 the membership was 164, with Earl L. Salzman as pastor. In 2005 the membership was 87.  
+
First Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 900 West Market St., [[Nappanee (Indiana, USA)|Nappanee]], [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], first known as the Amish Mennonite Church and later as the West Market Street Mennonite Church. It was a member of the [[Middle District Conference (General Conference Mennonite Church)|Middle District Conference ]] (now part of the [[Central District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Central District Conference]]). Before 1923 the congregation was a member of the [[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]] (MC). The congregation was organized in 1875 after groups of settlers had met for worship in homes and schoolhouses since 1853. The first meetinghouse was erected in 1878, rebuilt in 1910, and remodelled in 1926 and 1955, a frame structure with a seating capacity of about 250. In 1955 the membership was 164, with Earl L. Salzman as pastor. In 2005 the membership was 87.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=1957|a1_last=Enz|a1_first=Jacob J|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=1957|a1_last=Enz|a1_first=Jacob J|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 14:01, 23 August 2013

First Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 900 West Market St., Nappanee, Indiana, first known as the Amish Mennonite Church and later as the West Market Street Mennonite Church. It was a member of the Middle District Conference (now part of the Central District Conference). Before 1923 the congregation was a member of the Mennonite Church (MC). The congregation was organized in 1875 after groups of settlers had met for worship in homes and schoolhouses since 1853. The first meetinghouse was erected in 1878, rebuilt in 1910, and remodelled in 1926 and 1955, a frame structure with a seating capacity of about 250. In 1955 the membership was 164, with Earl L. Salzman as pastor. In 2005 the membership was 87.


Author(s) Jacob J Enz
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Enz, Jacob J. "First Mennonite Church (Nappanee, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Nappanee,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=91764.

APA style

Enz, Jacob J. (1957). First Mennonite Church (Nappanee, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Nappanee,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=91764.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.