From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
The First Mennonite Church of New Bremen (Mennonite Church USA) in [[New York (USA)|New York]] was established on 11 November 1941, with 76 charter members, most of whom had been members of the [[Croghan Mennonite Church (Croghan, New York, USA)|Amish Mennonite Church of Croghan]], New York. The congregation was originally not affiliated with any Mennonite conference. D. A. Yoder, [[Goshen (Indiana, USA)|Goshen]], Indiana; [[Yoder, Sanford Calvin (1879-1975)|S. C. Yoder]], Goshen, Indiana; and Simon Gingerich, [[Wayland (Iowa, USA)|Wayland]], [[Iowa (USA)|Iowa]], served as bishops of the congregation. J. Lawrence Burkholder, Goshen, [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], was the first pastor (1942-1944). The 1955 membership was 190; Gordon Schrag was the pastor 1945-1956. A new meetinghouse was built one mile (1.5 km) north of New Bremen on Route 812. 
+
The First Mennonite Church of New Bremen (Mennonite Church USA) in [[New York (USA)|New York ]] was established on 11 November 1941, with 76 charter members, most of whom had been members of the [[Croghan Mennonite Church (Croghan, New York, USA)|Amish Mennonite Church of Croghan]], New York. The congregation was originally not affiliated with any Mennonite conference. D. A. Yoder, [[Goshen (Indiana, USA)|Goshen]], Indiana; [[Yoder, Sanford Calvin (1879-1975)|S. C. Yoder]], Goshen, Indiana; and Simon Gingerich, [[Wayland (Iowa, USA)|Wayland]], [[Iowa (USA)|Iowa]], served as bishops of the congregation. J. Lawrence Burkholder, Goshen, [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], was the first pastor (1942-1944). The 1955 membership was 190; Gordon Schrag was the pastor 1945-1956. A new meetinghouse was built one mile (1.5 km) north of New Bremen on Route 812.
 
+
 
+
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
First Mennonite Church of New Bremen [http://www.fmcnb.org/index.html website]
 
First Mennonite Church of New Bremen [http://www.fmcnb.org/index.html website]
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 860|date=1957|a1_last=Zehr|a1_first=B. F|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 860|date=1957|a1_last=Zehr|a1_first=B. F|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 14:01, 23 August 2013

The First Mennonite Church of New Bremen (Mennonite Church USA) in New York was established on 11 November 1941, with 76 charter members, most of whom had been members of the Amish Mennonite Church of Croghan, New York. The congregation was originally not affiliated with any Mennonite conference. D. A. Yoder, Goshen, Indiana; S. C. Yoder, Goshen, Indiana; and Simon Gingerich, Wayland, Iowa, served as bishops of the congregation. J. Lawrence Burkholder, Goshen, Indiana, was the first pastor (1942-1944). The 1955 membership was 190; Gordon Schrag was the pastor 1945-1956. A new meetinghouse was built one mile (1.5 km) north of New Bremen on Route 812.

[edit] Additional Information

First Mennonite Church of New Bremen website


Author(s) B. F Zehr
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Zehr, B. F. "First Mennonite Church of New Bremen (Lowville, New York, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_New_Bremen_(Lowville,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=91769.

APA style

Zehr, B. F. (1957). First Mennonite Church of New Bremen (Lowville, New York, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_New_Bremen_(Lowville,_New_York,_USA)&oldid=91769.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 860. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.