Foothills Community Church began on 18 October 1947 as the Mennonite Brethren Church of Pincher Creek; it began as a church plant of the Coaldale Mennonite Brethren congregation and organized as a separate congregation in 1948 with 20 charter members. In 1972 it became Foothills Gospel Chapel, and in 1986 Foothills Community Church.
On 23 October 1949 the church dedicated its first building, located four miles east of Pincher Creek on the Halifax Road. After moving the building into town at 520 Charlotte Street and doing some renovating, the building was rededicated on 10 November 1968.
In 1999 the local Alliance Church joined with Foothills, the Alliance property was purchased, and a new building erected. It was completed in 2004, with first services held in October 2004.
Friesen, Melissa. "Foothills Community Church (Pincher Creek, Alberta)." Personal e-mail (30 January 2012).
Penner, Peter. No Longer at Arm's Length: Mennonite Brethren Church Planting in Canada. Winnipeg, MB: Kindred Press, 1987.
Toews, John A. A History of the Mennonite Brethren Church: Pilgrims and Pioneers. 1975: 166.
Address: 1200 Ken Thornton Blvd., Pincher Creek, Alberta T0K 1W0
Website: Foothills Community Church
Foothills Community Church Pastors
|David F. Durksen||1947-1969|
|Victor J. Nickel||1977-1981|
|Peter Boschman (interim)||1995-1996|
|Leo Siemens & George Reimer (interim)||2000|
Foothills Community Church Membership
|Date Published||March 2012|
Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. "Foothills Community Church (Pincher Creek, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2012. Web. 24 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Foothills_Community_Church_(Pincher_Creek,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=114881.
Epp, Marlene and Sam Steiner. (March 2012). Foothills Community Church (Pincher Creek, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Foothills_Community_Church_(Pincher_Creek,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=114881.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.