From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Foraker United Missionary Church originated in 1890 when revivals were conducted in the Swoveland Schoolhouse, in Union Township, by such leaders in the Indiana Conference as Daniel Brenneman and Andrew Good. A few years later, when the new village of Foraker was formed a mile and a half away with its post office and railway station, a church was built there, and a congregation organized in 1920. The total membership reported in 1952 was 73, with Jesse A. Beery serving as pastor.


Author(s) J. A Huffman
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Huffman, J. A. "Foraker United Missionary Church (Foraker, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 20 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Foraker_United_Missionary_Church_(Foraker,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=80887.

APA style

Huffman, J. A. (1956). Foraker United Missionary Church (Foraker, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Foraker_United_Missionary_Church_(Foraker,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=80887.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 351. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.