Foreign Missions Committee of the Conference of the Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church (headquarters at Hillsboro, Kansas) was chartered on 5 October 1901 as the Missionary Board of the Krimmer M.B. Church. The original charter was signed by John Esau, Cornelius Thiessen, Peter A. Wiebe, John J. Friesen, and David E. Harder. Out of this developed gradually the Foreign Missions Committee with a missions emphasis, composed of nine members (1954) elected for three-year periods, three being elected every year. The purpose of the organization as stated in the charter was "to carry on Home and Foreign Mission work in the preaching of the Gospel and advancing education and to secure and administer the funds necessary thereto." The committee was responsible to the conference; the annual budget for 1954 was $48,000, which supported 33 missionaries on five continents and in 12 countries. The first station was opened among the African-Americans at Elk Park, North Carolina, in 1901. The same year H. C. Bartel went to the Shantung and Honan Provinces of China and soon organized the China Mennonite Mission Society. The committee was not exclusive but sent missionaries to fields under other boards where it had no work of its own. Reports are found in the yearbooks of the K.M.B. Conference, Der Wahrheitsfreund, and The Christian Witness, the church organ published until the Krimmer Mennonite Brethren merged with the Mennonite Brethren Church in 1960.
|Author(s)||C. F Plett|
 Cite This Article
Plett, C. F. "Foreign Missions Committee (Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 28 May 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Foreign_Missions_Committee_(Krimmer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church)&oldid=94677.
Plett, C. F. (1956). Foreign Missions Committee (Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Church). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 May 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Foreign_Missions_Committee_(Krimmer_Mennonite_Brethren_Church)&oldid=94677.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.