Franklin (Iowa, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Franklin Center, Iowa, now known as Franklin, is a village in Lee County, southeastern Iowa, near which the first Mennonite settlers in Iowa lived. The first Mennonite congregation in Iowa (now extinct) was located east of the present village; its church was dedicated in 1850. In 1868 it was replaced by a church built in the village by the Mennonite immigrants from Bavaria and the Palatinate who lived nearby.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Franklin (Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Feb 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franklin_(Iowa,_USA)&oldid=80947.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1956). Franklin (Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 February 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Franklin_(Iowa,_USA)&oldid=80947.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 377. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.