From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Güns (Hungarian, Köszeg), in the Eisenburg area of Hungary, at the edge of Austrian Burgenland, had several Anabaptists among its inhabitants in the 1660s, who came from Techtitsch, not far from Tirnau, and from Kobelhof in Upper Austria. The evidence is found in the register of the Roman Catholic parish there. The information was furnished by the Protestant pastor Seregely at Unterschützen.

[edit] Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. II, 199.


Author(s) Johann Loserth
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Loserth, Johann. "Güns (Vas, Hungary)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 1 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=G%C3%BCns_(Vas,_Hungary)&oldid=95015.

APA style

Loserth, Johann. (1956). Güns (Vas, Hungary). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=G%C3%BCns_(Vas,_Hungary)&oldid=95015.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 611. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.