From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Garber Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), originally of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference]], is located five miles (eight km) northeast of Hanover, [[York County (Pennsylvania, USA)|York County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]]. By 1814 the scattered members had a church-schoolhouse built in the village of Menges Mills. By 1889 the present house was built. The membership in 1953 was 30, with William H. Martin as pastor, and John L. Ruppert as deacon. Joseph Hershey, at least by 1806, was a resident minister in this district, which also included [[Hershey Mennonite Church (Thomasville, Pennsylvania, USA)|Hershey]] and [[Bairs Codorus Mennonite Church (York, Pennsylvania, USA)|Bair's Codorus]] until the mid-20th century date. Summer Bible school was held since 1951, with 235 in attendance.
 
Garber Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), originally of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference]], is located five miles (eight km) northeast of Hanover, [[York County (Pennsylvania, USA)|York County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]]. By 1814 the scattered members had a church-schoolhouse built in the village of Menges Mills. By 1889 the present house was built. The membership in 1953 was 30, with William H. Martin as pastor, and John L. Ruppert as deacon. Joseph Hershey, at least by 1806, was a resident minister in this district, which also included [[Hershey Mennonite Church (Thomasville, Pennsylvania, USA)|Hershey]] and [[Bairs Codorus Mennonite Church (York, Pennsylvania, USA)|Bair's Codorus]] until the mid-20th century date. Summer Bible school was held since 1951, with 235 in attendance.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 439|date=1956|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 439|date=1956|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:46, 20 August 2013

Garber Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), originally of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, is located five miles (eight km) northeast of Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania. By 1814 the scattered members had a church-schoolhouse built in the village of Menges Mills. By 1889 the present house was built. The membership in 1953 was 30, with William H. Martin as pastor, and John L. Ruppert as deacon. Joseph Hershey, at least by 1806, was a resident minister in this district, which also included Hershey and Bair's Codorus until the mid-20th century date. Summer Bible school was held since 1951, with 235 in attendance.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Garbers Mennonite Fellowship (Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 21 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Garbers_Mennonite_Fellowship_(Spring_Grove,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=87662.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Garbers Mennonite Fellowship (Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Garbers_Mennonite_Fellowship_(Spring_Grove,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=87662.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 439. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.