Revision as of 19:14, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Gilead Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located 1½ miles (2.5 km.) northwest of Chesterville, Ohio, is a member of the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference. The first Mennonite settlers arrived in the community in 1950. Murray Krabill arrived in June 1951 to become the first pastor of the congregation, which was organized in 1952. A basement church was built in 1952; in 1959 the building was enlarged and completed. The congregation had a membership of 35 in 1958.

Additional Information

Address: 7090 Road 121, Chesterville, OH 43317

Phone: 419-768-3469

Author(s) Murray Krabill
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Krabill, Murray. "Gilead Mennonite Church (Chesterville, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Oct 2016.,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=81176.

APA style

Krabill, Murray. (1959). Gilead Mennonite Church (Chesterville, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2016, from,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=81176.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1087. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.