The Glencross Mennonite congregation in Morden, MB began services in 1936. The first building was occupied in 1938, with a subsequent building program in 1964. Isaac Hoeppner and Isaac Fehr are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through division from the Sommerfelder Mennonite Church.
In 2000 the congregation had 197 members. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s.
Box 1719, Morden, MB, R0G 1J0. (204) 822-3864. Located 9 km south of the Tupperware factory. Vic Peters served in 2007 as a congregational leader.
Mennonite Encyclopedia, "Glencross."
EMMC Recorder (October 1987): 1.
Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: The Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference, 1937-1987. Winnipeg: EMMC, 1987.
|Author(s)||H. H. Hamm|
|Date Published||February 1989|
Cite This Article
Hamm, H. H. and Marlene Epp. "Glencross Mennonite Church (Morden, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 25 Nov 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Glencross_Mennonite_Church_(Morden,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=87847.
Hamm, H. H. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Glencross Mennonite Church (Morden, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 November 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Glencross_Mennonite_Church_(Morden,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=87847.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.