Difference between revisions of "Goessel Mennonite Church (Goessel, Kansas, USA)"
|[checked revision]||[checked revision]|
m (Added years of birth and death for Peter P. Buller and Peter Buller.)
m (Added website URL.)
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
Latest revision as of 07:10, 28 September 2013
The Goessel Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the Western District Conference, located in Goessel, Kansas, was founded by members of the Alexanderwohl Mennonite Church, descendants of Mennonite immigrants who came to Kansas in 1874 from Alexanderwohl, Russia, on 15 April 1920, with 177 members, because the Alexanderwohl Church had become overcrowded. Meetings had been held for some time in the Goessel Preparatory School. The church building was erected in 1920. Peter P. Buller (1874-1958) and Peter Buller (1863-1956) came into this congregation as ministers when it was organized. Peter P. Buller was immediately named leader and served the congregation as elder 1924-1950, succeeded by Orlin F. Frey 1950-1954 and Leo L. Miller 1954- . The membership in 1953 was 317. Of the 585 who have been members, 278 were baptized here and 307 were received from other congregations.
An educational wing was built in 1960 and a new sanctuary in 1972. In 2008 the membership was 164; the pastor was Michael Hiebert.
Address: 109 South Church, Goessel, Kansas
Website: Goessel Mennonite Church
|Author(s)||Orlin F Frey|
Cite This Article
Frey, Orlin F. "Goessel Mennonite Church (Goessel, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Apr 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Goessel_Mennonite_Church_(Goessel,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=101906.
Frey, Orlin F. (1956). Goessel Mennonite Church (Goessel, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 April 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Goessel_Mennonite_Church_(Goessel,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=101906.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 538. All rights reserved.
©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.