From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:54, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
'
R.R. 2, Drayton, ON. Located at 6918 Wellington County Rd. 12, 1 km north of Concession Rd. 6-7. Minister Ira S. Brubacher served in 1986 as a non-salaried congregational leader. It has been affiliated with the Markham-Waterloo Mennonite Conference since its beginning in 1950. The language of worship is English and German. The language transition from German began in the 1940s.

The congregation began services at this meetinghouse in 1950. The first building was occupied in 1950 with expansion in 1955. The congregation originated through the colonization of Peel Township by Markham-Waterloo Mennonites. In 1992 the congregation divided into Goshen East and Goshen West.



Bibliography

Mennonite Encyclopedia, "Goshen."

Frey, Aden. "The Markham-Waterloo Conference of Ontario." Research paper, Conrad Grebel College, 1972, 38 pp.

Mennonites in Canada collection, "70-Markham-Waterloo." Mennonite Archives of Ontario.

Hiebert, Esther. "History of the Markham-Waterloo Conference." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite  Bible College, 1980, 62 pp.



Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published January 1996


Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Goshen Mennonite Meetinghouse (Drayton, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1996. Web. 3 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Goshen_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Drayton,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=56787.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (January 1996). Goshen Mennonite Meetinghouse (Drayton, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Goshen_Mennonite_Meetinghouse_(Drayton,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=56787.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.