From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130823)
m (Added paragraph dealing with Cedar Valley Grace Chapel.)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:GraceChurch.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Grace Church
+
[[File:GraceChurch.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Grace Church<br />
 +
Source: David Giesbrecht'']]
 +
Grace Evangelical Bible Church began services in 1944, and formally organized in 1946. The members came to [[British Columbia (Canada)|British Columbia]] mostly from Langham and Dalmeny, [[Saskatchewan (Canada)|Saskatchewan]]. This church was organized in 1946 under the leadership of Abram Dickmann and Abram Warkentin. The initial membership was 25. The first meetinghouse, a cement foundation basement, was erected in 1948 (40 x 70). There was a subsequent building program in 1973. The leader and pastor in 1950 was Cornelius A. Wall, with deacon Henry Martens.
  
Source: David Giesbrecht'']]    Grace Evangelical Bible Church began services in 1944, and formally organized in 1946. The members came to [[British Columbia (Canada)|British Columbia]] mostly from Langham and Dalmeny, [[Saskatchewan (Canada)|Saskatchewan]]. This church was organized in 1946 under the leadership of Abram Dickmann and Abram Warkentin. The initial membership was 25. The first meetinghouse, a cement foundation basement, was erected in 1948 (40 x 70). There was a subsequent building program in 1973. The leader and pastor in 1950 was Cornelius A. Wall, with deacon Henry Martens.
+
Outreach by the congregation led to the planting of [[Cedar Valley Grace Chapel (Mission, British Columbia, Canada)|Cedar Valley Grace Chapel]] in Mission, British Columbia in 1949.
  
The group was originally known as Abbotsford Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church and then Grace Evangelical Mennonite Brethren. In 1988 the name was changed to Grace Evangelical Bible Church when the mother conference changed its name from Evangelical Mennonite Brethren to [[Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches|Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches]].
+
The group was originally known as Abbotsford Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church and then Grace Evangelical Mennonite Brethren. In 1988 the name was changed to Grace Evangelical Bible Church when the mother conference changed its name from [[Evangelical Mennonite Brethren]] to [[Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches|Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches]].
  
 
In 1985 there were 365 members. The language of worship is English.
 
In 1985 there were 365 members. The language of worship is English.
Line 15: Line 17:
 
<strong>Web site</strong>: [http://www.graceabbotsford.com www.graceabbotsford.com]
 
<strong>Web site</strong>: [http://www.graceabbotsford.com www.graceabbotsford.com]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1988|a1_last=Toews|a1_first=A. A.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1988|a1_last=Toews|a1_first=A. A.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:British Columbia Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Canadian Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 06:14, 23 February 2014

Grace Church
Source: David Giesbrecht

Grace Evangelical Bible Church began services in 1944, and formally organized in 1946. The members came to British Columbia mostly from Langham and Dalmeny, Saskatchewan. This church was organized in 1946 under the leadership of Abram Dickmann and Abram Warkentin. The initial membership was 25. The first meetinghouse, a cement foundation basement, was erected in 1948 (40 x 70). There was a subsequent building program in 1973. The leader and pastor in 1950 was Cornelius A. Wall, with deacon Henry Martens.

Outreach by the congregation led to the planting of Cedar Valley Grace Chapel in Mission, British Columbia in 1949.

The group was originally known as Abbotsford Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church and then Grace Evangelical Mennonite Brethren. In 1988 the name was changed to Grace Evangelical Bible Church when the mother conference changed its name from Evangelical Mennonite Brethren to Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches.

In 1985 there were 365 members. The language of worship is English.

[edit] Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (21 October 1955): 6; (24 November 1961): 17.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 2087 McMillan Road, Abbotsford BC V2S 4Y3

Phone: 604-859-9937

Web site: www.graceabbotsford.com


Author(s) A. A. Toews
Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1988


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Toews, A. A. and Marlene Epp. "Grace Evangelical Bible Church (Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1988. Web. 25 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Grace_Evangelical_Bible_Church_(Abbotsford,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=114058.

APA style

Toews, A. A. and Marlene Epp. (January 1988). Grace Evangelical Bible Church (Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Grace_Evangelical_Bible_Church_(Abbotsford,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=114058.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.