From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Grace Mennonite Church, ( formerly General Conference Mennonite), located in Dallas, Polk County, Oregon, formerly a member of the Pacific District Conference, was an outgrowth of the Zion Mennonite Church, having been organized in 1932 with a membership of about two dozen, under the leadership of Gerhard Bergen, who served as the first pastor. The church joined the General Conference Mennonite Church in August 1935 with 41 members.

The congregation, with 314 members in 1955, worshiped in a modern church building which seated about 300. Ministers who served this congregation included H. E. Widmer, Homer Leisy, John Hiebert (supply pastor), Jacob J. Regier, Earl M. Peterson, J. M. Franz, and H. D. Burkholder (from 1 August 1955).

At the end of the 1990s the congregation withdrew from the General Conference Mennonite Church and became an independent congregation known as the Grace Community Church.

[edit] Bibliography

Krehbiel, H. P. The history of the General Conference of the Mennonites of North America, 2 vols. Canton, OH; Newton, KS: The Author, 1898-1938: v. 2, 550.


Author(s) W. W Janzen
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Janzen, W. W. "Grace Mennonite Church (Dallas, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 27 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Grace_Mennonite_Church_(Dallas,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=102947.

APA style

Janzen, W. W. (1957). Grace Mennonite Church (Dallas, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Grace_Mennonite_Church_(Dallas,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=102947.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 560-561. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.