From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:15, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Gracevale Hutterite Bruderhof of the Schmiedeleut branch, established in 1948 near Winfred, Lake County, South Dakota, with ten families from Tschetter Bruderhof. Sam Wipf was chosen to the ministry here in 1950 and ordained in 1957. The colony had a population of 71 in 1950 and 104 souls with 30 baptized members in 1958.

Roland Hutterite Colony in White, South Dakota, is a daughter colony.

In 2012 Gracevale Hutterite Colony was a Schmiedeleut Group 2 colony. The minister was Samuel Hofer and the manager was Paul Hofer.

Additional Information

Location: Winfred, South Dakota (coordinates: 43.929, -97.2874 [45˚ 55′ 44″ N, 97˚ 17′ 14″ W]); located 9.2 km. (5.7 miles) south-west of Junius, South Dakota and 9.7 km. (6 miles) south-east of Winfred, South Dakota.

Address: 23843 446th Ave., Winfred, SD 57076

Telephone: 605-256-2267

Maps

Map:Gracevale Hutterite Colony, Winfred, South Dakota


Author(s) Melvin, David Decker Gingerich
Bert Friesen
Date Published March 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin, David Decker and Bert Friesen. "Gracevale Hutterite Colony (Winfred, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2013. Web. 25 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gracevale_Hutterite_Colony_(Winfred,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=81372.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin, David Decker and Bert Friesen. (March 2013). Gracevale Hutterite Colony (Winfred, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Gracevale_Hutterite_Colony_(Winfred,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=81372.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 561; vol. 4, p. 1088. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.