From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Bethel Mennonite Church, Great Deer, Saskatchewan, originated during the 1890s when the Rosthern Mennonite settlement was started and some settlers crossed the North Saskatchewan River. During the first years the church was served by ministers from other congregations. C. F. Sawatzky was minister for 24 years; he was succeeded in 1951 by Isaac J. Nickel. The church building was dedicated by Elder Peter Regier in 1912. It related to the Zoar Mennonite congregation with churches at Langham and Waldheim.

Dick Thiessen served in 1971 as a congregational leader. In 1970 there were 16 members. The congregation dissolved in 1977. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada and the General Conference Mennonite Church (1917-1977).

[edit] Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (5 September 1969): 7.


Author(s) John G. Rempel
Marlene Epp
Date Published August 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Rempel, John G. and Marlene Epp. "Great Deer Bethel Mennonite Church (Great Deer, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 1986. Web. 24 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Great_Deer_Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Great_Deer,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=87923.

APA style

Rempel, John G. and Marlene Epp. (August 1986). Great Deer Bethel Mennonite Church (Great Deer, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Great_Deer_Bethel_Mennonite_Church_(Great_Deer,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=87923.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.