Revision as of 19:15, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Griner Conservative Mennonite Church (formerly Griner Conservative Amish Mennonite Church), located two miles (three km) south of Middlebury, Elkhart County, Indiana, was organized in the spring of 1922 as a branch of the Townline congregation. The first meetinghouse was formerly a Lutheran church. In 1954 the membership was 192 with Manasseh Miller and Louis Kauffman as preachers, Fred Bontrager deacon, and Sam T. Eash bishop. In 2008 the membership was 286; the ministers were Harley D. Troyer, John M. Yoder and Robert Riegsecker. Griner is not affiliated with a conference.

Additional Information


12418 County Road (CR) 20

Middlebury, Indiana  46540

(Corner of State Road 13 and County Road 20, 1 mile south of US 20)




Griner Conservative Mennonite Church

Author(s) Samuel T Eash
Date Published 1956

Cite This Article

MLA style

Eash, Samuel T. "Griner Conservative Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 21 Oct 2016.,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=81459.

APA style

Eash, Samuel T. (1956). Griner Conservative Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2016, from,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=81459.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 584. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.