4581 14th Ave., Markham, ON, L3S 3K2. (905) 477-4858. Located on 14th Ave. east of Kennedy Rd. Pastor Gerald Good served in 2002 as a congregational leader. In 1950 there were 19 members; in 1965, 45; in 1975, 54; in 1985, 45; in 1995, 70; in 2000, 49. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario (1971-1988), the Mennonite Church (1971-1999), Mennonite Church Eastern Canada (1988-) and the Conference of Mennonites in Canada / Mennonite Church Canada (1995-). The language of worship is English.
The congregation began services in 1932, and formally organized in 1937. The first building was occupied in 1944, with subsequent building programs in 1956 and 1968. Floyd Schmucker is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Ontario Mennonite Mission Board and local Mennonite churches. It began as a Sunday school and mission station.
Mennonite Reporter (26 December 1977): 4; (20 February 1995): 8.
Grove, Ken. "The History of the Hagerman Mennonite Church." Research paper, CMBC, 1983.
|Author(s)||Joseph C. Fretz|
|Date Published||April 1986|
Cite This Article
Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. "Hagerman Mennonite Church (Markham, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 20 Feb 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hagerman_Mennonite_Church_(Markham,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=56873.
Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. (April 1986). Hagerman Mennonite Church (Markham, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 February 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hagerman_Mennonite_Church_(Markham,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=56873.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.