Hague Mennonite Church (Hague, Saskatchewan, Canada)
The congregation originated through colonization from rural Manitoba. Hague was formerly part of the Rosenort church group (Rosenorter Gemeinde). It became Hague Mennonite in 1962 when the Rosenort church group dissolved. The language of worship is English and German; the transition from German occurred in the 1970s. In 2007 the church had an average Sunday morning attendance of 80.
Canadian Mennonite (8 January 2007): 26.
Epp, Richard. "A Tale of Three Churches." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1973, 29 pp. Mennonite Heritage Centre.
Mennonite Reporter (13 November 1978): 14.
Rempel, J. G. Die Rosenorter Gemeinde in Saskatchewan. 1950, 183 pp.
Rempel, John D. History of the Hague Mennonite Church, Hague, Sask. 1900-1975. Rosthern, SK: Hague Mennonite Church, 1975, 94 pp.
Archival RecordsMennonite Heritage Centre, Winnipeg, MB: Vols. 63, 2396, 3930, 4612, 2761; Microfilms 355, 356, 357.
Address: Box 73, Hague, SK S0K 1X0
Location: 202 3rd Street, Hague, SK
Website: Hague Mennonite Church
Mennonite Church Saskatchewan (1959-present)
General Conference Mennonite Church (1903-1999)
Hague Mennonite Church Ministers
|Henry Theodore Klassen||1948-1957|
|Ken Bechtel (interim)||2007-2008|
Hague Mennonite Church Membership
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||September 2010|
Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. "Hague Mennonite Church (Hague, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2010. Web. 20 Aug 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hague_Mennonite_Church_(Hague,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=91971.
Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. (September 2010). Hague Mennonite Church (Hague, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 August 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hague_Mennonite_Church_(Hague,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=91971.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.