Hanley Mennonite Church (Hanley, Saskatchewan, Canada)
In 1929 they completed their first meeting house. A larger meeting house was completed in 1956. During these years the congregation was part of the Nordheimer Gemeinde, a multi-congregation church. The Nordheimer Gemeinde was dissolved in 1975. Thereafter, the congregations gradually emerged as independent congregations, including Hanley. By 1980 the congregation was independent although there were still associations with the other independent congregations which emerged from the Gemeinde.
The language of worship is English and German; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s.
Mennonite Heritage Centre Archives (Winnipeg, MB): "Hanley Mennonite Church fonds." Web. 9 July 2010. http://www.mennonitechurch.ca/programs/archives/holdings/SK/SK_HanleyMC.htm.
Mennonite Reporter (24 June 1996): 14.
Nordheimer Mennonite Church of Saskatchewan, 1925-1975. Hanley, SK: Nordheimer Mennonite Church, 1975, 140 pp.
Archival Records:Mennonite Heritage Centre, Winnipeg, MB: Vols. 66, 1622, 2824, 2883, 4031, 4426.
Address: Box 387, Hanley, SK S0G 2E0
Location: Located nine miles west of Hanley
Conference of Mennonites in Canada / Mennonite Church Canada (1925-present)
General Conference Mennonite Church (1926-1999)
Hanley Mennonite Church Ministers
|Abram A. Kröger||1931-1941|
|Margaret and Gary Peters||1990-|
Hanley Mennonite Church Membership
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||July 2010|
Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. "Hanley Mennonite Church (Hanley, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2010. Web. 22 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hanley_Mennonite_Church_(Hanley,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=87967.
Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. (July 2010). Hanley Mennonite Church (Hanley, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hanley_Mennonite_Church_(Hanley,_Saskatchewan,_Canada)&oldid=87967.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.