Hanover Mennonite Church (Hanover, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
Hanover Mennonite Church.
Photo courtesy Collin Miller

Hanover Mennonite Church, located in Hanover, York County, Pennsylvania, built its first meetinghouse in 1870, and the present one on Broadway in 1881. Hanover was in a circuit of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference with Bairs Hanover and Hostetter. In 1953 the church membership for the circuit was 108. Richard Danner was the bishop; Harvey S. Grove, Amos D. Shank, and R. Norman Bange the ministers; and Melvin J. Shank, deacon.

In 2017 Hanover was part of the Conservative Mennonite Churches of York and Adams Counties, Pennsylvania.

Additional Information

Address: 565 Broadway, Hanover, Pennsylvania 17331

Phone: 717-646-0465


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Hanover Mennonite Church (Hanover, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 28 Jul 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hanover_Mennonite_Church_(Hanover,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=149049.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Hanover Mennonite Church (Hanover, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hanover_Mennonite_Church_(Hanover,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=149049.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 648. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.