Herzenberg and Alexandrovka Mennonite Brethren Church (Pavlograd, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:36, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130816)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Herzenberg and Alexandrovka Mennonite Brethren Church, located near Pavlograd, province of Ekaterinoslav, Russia, was founded in 1880 by Jakob Dirksen and Johann Kliewer. Wilhelm Bärg served the congregation for a number of years. In 1913 H. T. Kliewer was the leading minister. In 1905 the congregation consisted of 79 members with a total population of 180. Little is known about the later developments and the fate of this congregation.

See also Herzenberg


Bibliography

Dirks, Heinrich. Statistik der Mennonitengemeinden in Russland Ende 1905 (Anhang zum Mennonitischen Jahrbuche 1904/05). Gnadenfeld: Dirks, 1906: 67.

Epp, D. H. Adressbüchlein (1913): 4.

Friesen, Peter M. Die Alt-Evangelische Mennonitische Brüderschaft in Russland (1789-1910) im Rahmen der mennonitischen Gesamtgeschichte. Halbstadt: Verlagsgesellschaft "Raduga", 1911: 417, 444.



Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Herzenberg and Alexandrovka Mennonite Brethren Church (Pavlograd, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herzenberg_and_Alexandrovka_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Pavlograd,_Dnipropetrovsk,_Ukraine)&oldid=65179.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1956). Herzenberg and Alexandrovka Mennonite Brethren Church (Pavlograd, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herzenberg_and_Alexandrovka_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Pavlograd,_Dnipropetrovsk,_Ukraine)&oldid=65179.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 717. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.