From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:18, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Highland Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, Church, organized in 1937, is located eight miles (13 km) south of DeRidder, Beauregard Parish, Louisiana. The church had a membership of 105 and a Sunday-school enrolment of 140 in 1955. Weekly Sunday-school and worship services are held. P. W. Decker was the minister in charge in 1955, assisted by Chester Johnson.

Originally the congregation held its worship services in the Broadlands' Community House; F. D. Fricke was the first pastor. In 1949 the Highland Mennonite Church was constructed on Highway 171. New worship facilities were constructed in 1972. Due to growth, in 2002 the Magnolia Mennonite Church was completed east of DeRidder in 2002, five miles east of Hwy 171 on Highway 26.

Bibliography

Smith, Velmer Lenora. "Mennonites of Beauregard Parish." 2003. http://www.beau.org/~velmer/local/men.html (accessed 11 October 2008).


Author(s) Albert Smith
Sam Steiner
Date Published 2008


Cite This Article

MLA style

Smith, Albert and Sam Steiner. "Highland Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (DeRidder, Louisiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2008. Web. 30 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Highland_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(DeRidder,_Louisiana,_USA)&oldid=82034.

APA style

Smith, Albert and Sam Steiner. (2008). Highland Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (DeRidder, Louisiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Highland_Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite_(DeRidder,_Louisiana,_USA)&oldid=82034.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 740. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.