From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:18, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), initially a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, is located on the Lakes-to-Seas Highway, near Ephrata, Pennsylvania, where there had been a union church since 1851. The Mennonites had a few services in it at different times but not until the Groffdale-New Holland circuit in 1943 took charge did things really move. Under Mahlon Witmer, bishop, Warren S. Good, minister, and Harry S. Good, deacon, a thriving work started. A new church was built in 1952. The membership in 1955 was 110. In 2008 the membership was 400; the pastor was Glenn E. Sauder. The congregation withdrew from the Lancaster Mennonite Conference in 2009-10.

Additional Information

Address: 2031 Division Highway, Ephrata, Pennsylvania (Route 322)

Phone: 717-354-5213

Website: Hinkletown Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hinkletown_Mennonite_Church_(Ephrata,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=82073.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1956). Hinkletown Mennonite Church (Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hinkletown_Mennonite_Church_(Ephrata,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=82073.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 745. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.