Holm was established in 1789. The village was situated in the district (Kreis) of Marienburg in West Prussia until the establishment of the Free City of Danzig in 1920. Holm came under the control of Nazi Germany during World War II until February 1945, when it was occupied by Soviet forces and returned to Poland. Today it is located in the administrative district of Gmina Stegna, within Nowy Dwór Gdański County, Pomeranian Voivodeship.
In 1820 Holm, along with Rohrplan and Krussitz, had 141 inhabitants, including 8 Mennonites. In 1935 four Mennonite families lived in Holm with the following surnames: Bückert, Epp, Regehr, and Warkentin.
Mennonites who were residents of Holm were members of the Tiegenhagen Mennonite Church.
Stowarzyszenie Konserwatorów Zabytków. "Chełmek." Catalogue of Monuments of Dutch Colonization in Poland. 2005. Web. 28 November 2012. http://holland.org.pl/art.php?kat=obiekt&id=302&lang=en.
Wikipedia. "Chełmek, Pomeranian Voivodeship." Web. 28 November 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che%C5%82mek,_Pomeranian_Voivodeship
Wolf, Hans-Jürgen. "Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Web. 28 November 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de/cms/ct/ortsverzeichnis/ortssuche.php.
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||November 2012|
Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Holm (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2012. Web. 2 Sep 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Holm_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=65362.
Thiessen, Richard D. (November 2012). Holm (Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 September 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Holm_(Pomeranian_Voivodeship,_Poland)&oldid=65362.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.