From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Homestead Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) 1911-1914, in Benzie County, Michigan, now extinct, was organized by Bishop J. P. Miller of Kent County, Michigan, who placed Deacon Harvey Sarver in charge of the congregation. The membership was fifteen, mostly from Middlebury, Indiana, and Kenmare, North Dakota. Sarver served a year, 1912-1913; and was succeeded by John M. Yoder who served in 1913-1914 as minister and then also moved away. The Homestead congregation participated in union Sunday school and church services and had no building of its own, although organized as a congregation. The year 1918 marked the departure of the last Mennonite family from the area.


Author(s) John C Wenger
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Wenger, John C. "Homestead Mennonite Church (Benzie County, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 24 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Homestead_Mennonite_Church_(Benzie_County,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=113814.

APA style

Wenger, John C. (1956). Homestead Mennonite Church (Benzie County, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Homestead_Mennonite_Church_(Benzie_County,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=113814.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 802. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.