From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:48, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Huber (Mennonite Church) was a "preaching appointment" in York County, Ontario, which appeared in the <em>Calendar of Appointments</em> for 1854. In 1858 the meeting place was given as Whitchurch Township, which is north of Markham. The Mennonite minister Martin Huber (Hoover) resided near the present village of Gormley for several years before moving to Indiana in 1857. It appears that services were held in or near his home before he left this section. The name Stecklin is later used in referring to this settlement. Stecklin alternated in services with Huber before the building of the Almira Meetinghouse in I860. The Steckley pioneers lived a few miles east of Huber at Bethesda village.

See Stecklin


Author(s) Joseph C. Fretz
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C.. "Huber Mennonite Preaching Appointment (Gormley, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 21 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Huber_Mennonite_Preaching_Appointment_(Gormley,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88120.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C.. (1956). Huber Mennonite Preaching Appointment (Gormley, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Huber_Mennonite_Preaching_Appointment_(Gormley,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=88120.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 825. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.