The church established by the Hunsicker group in 1854 was called the "Trinity Christian Society." In 1888 Hendricks and his church were received into the Reformed Church, which act displeased Henry A. Hunsicker.
The Hunsicker group were for a time known as Reformed Mennonites, at least they were called Reformed Mennonites at Germantown. But this name was already used by a radical sect of Mennonites in Lancaster County, the followers of John Herr, and the "Reformed" Mennonites of Germantown soon became General Conference Mennonites. Indeed the whole Hunsicker group disintegrated. The Collegeville Church became Reformed, the Lutherans acquired the Phoenixville property, and the Germantown Church united with the Eastern District of the General Conference Mennonites. Both Henry A. and Francis R. S. Hunsicker became Presbyterians.
Hunsicker, Abraham. A Statement of Facts, and Summary of Views on Morals and Religion, as Related with Suspension from the Mennonite Meeting 1851. Philadelphia, PA, 1851.
|Author(s)||John C Wenger|
 Cite This Article
Wenger, John C. "Hunsicker Group." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 7 Oct 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hunsicker_Group&oldid=95359.
Wenger, John C. (1959). Hunsicker Group. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 7 October 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hunsicker_Group&oldid=95359.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.