From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
Line 9: Line 9:
 
[http://www.centralplains.mennonite.net/ Central Plains Mennonite Conference]
 
[http://www.centralplains.mennonite.net/ Central Plains Mennonite Conference]
  
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
+
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA  ]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 867|date=1956|a1_last=Unruh|a1_first=John D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 867|date=1956|a1_last=Unruh|a1_first=John D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 14:39, 23 August 2013

The Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Hutchinson County, South Dakota, a member of the Northern District Conference (now Central Plains), was organized in 1877 by non-communal Hutterites under the leadership of John L. Wipf. The first meetinghouse was used from 1877 until 1899, when a new church was built, which was replaced by a modern brick structure in 1953. John P. Hofer, P. P. Tschetter, and Jacob B. Hofer have served as ministers. The 1954 membership was 220, largely rural. In 2008 the membership was 200; the pastor was Todd Alan Jones.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 27473 437th Avenue, Freeman, South Dakota

Phone: 605-925-7286

Denominational Affiliations:

Central Plains Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA 


Author(s) John D Unruh
Date Published 1956


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Unruh, John D. "Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Freeman, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 31 Jan 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hutterthal_Mennonite_Church_(Freeman,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=95367.

APA style

Unruh, John D. (1956). Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Freeman, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 January 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hutterthal_Mennonite_Church_(Freeman,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=95367.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 867. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.