Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:21, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, was organized in 1890 by Elder J. J. Regier. At that time Isaac Wall was chosen minister and leader. An old saloon was purchased and remodeled into a meeting place. Later a church was built. Through revivals the congregation grew and for some time numbered more than 100 members. Later most of these members moved to newer settlements, and the congregation in 1950 consisted of only two families. Other ministers who served the church were Adam Ross, G. H. Jantzen, Waldo Hiebert, and P. V. Balzer.


Author(s) H. E Wiens
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiens, H. E. "Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 Feb 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jansen_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Jansen,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=82658.

APA style

Wiens, H. E. (1957). Jansen Mennonite Brethren Church (Jansen, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 February 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jansen_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Jansen,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=82658.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 91. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.