From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:39, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Jasper Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church, now extinct, located about four miles east of Jasper, Missouri, was organized in 1883 with about 20 members when Elder John Holdeman and Preacher Frank Seidner moved to that place from New Pittsburg, Ohio. During its time of about 15 years, services were held in the homes and in the Mayflower school. The ethnic background of the members was Pennsylvania German. John Holdeman was the elder, and later Amos Seidner was ordained to the ministry. About 1898 John Holdeman moved to Moundridge, Kansas. Nearly all the members soon afterward moved to other organized congregations.



Author(s) A. L Yost
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Yost, A. L. "Jasper Church of God in Christ Mennonite (Jasper, Missouri, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jasper_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_(Jasper,_Missouri,_USA)&oldid=65885.

APA style

Yost, A. L. (1957). Jasper Church of God in Christ Mennonite (Jasper, Missouri, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jasper_Church_of_God_in_Christ_Mennonite_(Jasper,_Missouri,_USA)&oldid=65885.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 98-99. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.