From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Jebba, located on the Niger River, Nigeria, West Africa, was a city of 12,000 in 1957 in which the United Missionary Church conducted missionary work. A station was opened at Jebba in 1910 under A.W. Banfield, F.R.G.S. On 17 May 1913, C. T. Homuth held the first baptismal service, baptizing 22 converts. The church building completed in 1926 seated 500 in 1957. The station included a Bible college, a four-room dispensary, and a school that occupied three buildings; it had 16 teachers and an enrolment of 420. There were five outstations.


Author(s) Everek R Storms
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Storms, Everek R. "Jebba (Nigeria)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jebba_(Nigeria)&oldid=88296.

APA style

Storms, Everek R. (1957). Jebba (Nigeria). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jebba_(Nigeria)&oldid=88296.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 103. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.