From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Jordan church was located across from school house (at the Jordan Historical Museum). The congregation dissolved in 1870. It has been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario from 1840-1849, the New Mennonite Church of Canada West from 1849-1870s. The language of worship was German.

The congregation began services in 1840. Daniel Hoch is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach of the Moyer (Vineland) Mennonite Church. The congregation split from the Mennonite Conference of Ontario in 1849 under leadership of Daniel Hoch. They joined the New Mennonite movement in 1849.

[edit] Bibliography

Author(s) Sam Steiner
Date Published April 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Steiner, Sam. "Jordan Mennonite Church (Jordan, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 15 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jordan_Mennonite_Church_(Jordan,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114347.

APA style

Steiner, Sam. (April 1986). Jordan Mennonite Church (Jordan, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 15 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Jordan_Mennonite_Church_(Jordan,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114347.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.