Junior Messenger (Periodical)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 18:58, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130816)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Junior Messenger, was a children's paper of the General Conference Mennonite Church which began publication as a biweekly on 1 January 1939, changed to a weekly and enlarged to 8 pages in 1943. It further enlarged to 7 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches in 1951. In 1956 it was enlarged to 9 x 12 inches. It was printed by the Mennonite Press, North Newton, Kansas for the Board of Education and Publication and was an official organ of the General Conference Mennonite Church. Editors have been Mrs. H. J. Andres, Mrs. T. A. van der Smissen, Mrs. Helena (Arnold) Regier, Mrs. Henry Funk, and Griselda Shelley. The circulation of the paper was approximately 4,000 during the 1950s. Junior messenger was combined with the Mennonite Church's Words of cheer in 1971 to become On the Line.



Author(s) Willard Claassen
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Claassen, Willard. "Junior Messenger (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Junior_Messenger_(Periodical)&oldid=57359.

APA style

Claassen, Willard. (1957). Junior Messenger (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Junior_Messenger_(Periodical)&oldid=57359.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 128. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.