Kauffman's Mennonite Church (Lebanon County, Pennsylvania)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Kauffman's was formerly a Mennonite (Mennonite Church) congregation of the Lancaster Conference about two miles north of Annville in Lebanon County, Pennsylvania. The community was settled by the Myers, Shirks, Ellenbergers, Lights, and Brightbills. In 1773 Frederick Kauffman was the Lebanon County bishop. The meetinghouse, which was built on the lands of Benjamin Bowman before 1768, was used until 1851, when the United Brethren claimed the building. The Mennonites then, under their bishop Jacob Dohner, moved east to the site of Dohner's meetinghouse, the congregation in 1957 bearing that name being the lineal descendant of Kauffman's.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Kauffman's Mennonite Church (Lebanon County, Pennsylvania)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Jan 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kauffman%27s_Mennonite_Church_(Lebanon_County,_Pennsylvania)&oldid=122878.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Kauffman's Mennonite Church (Lebanon County, Pennsylvania). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 January 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kauffman%27s_Mennonite_Church_(Lebanon_County,_Pennsylvania)&oldid=122878.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 158. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.