From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(added categories, additional information, map)
m (Text replace - "<strong> </strong>" to " ")
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
__TOC__
 
__TOC__
Kauffman Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) was<strong> </strong>a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]] in 1957, located on the Kauffman farm on the Manheim Pike in [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]]. The congregation had formerly (prior to 1860) met at Sun Hill, several miles from the Manheim Pike location, but when it moved it adopted the name of its benefactor, Abraham Kauffman, who gave his farm of 97 acres to the church. The first meeting house here was built in 1860, enlarged in 1891, and remodeled around 1957. It was earlier a part of the Hernley-Erb circuit, but by 1957 had its separate ministers. [[Bomberger, Homer D. (1909-1995)|Homer D. Bomberger]] was the bishop, William Heisey was minister, and Ernest Bauman, deacon in 1957. The membership in 1954 was 72.
+
Kauffman Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) was a member of the [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Conference]] in 1957, located on the Kauffman farm on the Manheim Pike in [[Lancaster County (Pennsylvania, USA)|Lancaster County]], [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]]. The congregation had formerly (prior to 1860) met at Sun Hill, several miles from the Manheim Pike location, but when it moved it adopted the name of its benefactor, Abraham Kauffman, who gave his farm of 97 acres to the church. The first meeting house here was built in 1860, enlarged in 1891, and remodeled around 1957. It was earlier a part of the Hernley-Erb circuit, but by 1957 had its separate ministers. [[Bomberger, Homer D. (1909-1995)|Homer D. Bomberger]] was the bishop, William Heisey was minister, and Ernest Bauman, deacon in 1957. The membership in 1954 was 72.
 
=Additional Information=
 
=Additional Information=
 
'''Address''': 51 Hossler Rd, Manheim, PA 17545
 
'''Address''': 51 Hossler Rd, Manheim, PA 17545

Latest revision as of 03:20, 13 April 2014

Contents

Kauffman Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) was a member of the Lancaster Conference in 1957, located on the Kauffman farm on the Manheim Pike in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The congregation had formerly (prior to 1860) met at Sun Hill, several miles from the Manheim Pike location, but when it moved it adopted the name of its benefactor, Abraham Kauffman, who gave his farm of 97 acres to the church. The first meeting house here was built in 1860, enlarged in 1891, and remodeled around 1957. It was earlier a part of the Hernley-Erb circuit, but by 1957 had its separate ministers. Homer D. Bomberger was the bishop, William Heisey was minister, and Ernest Bauman, deacon in 1957. The membership in 1954 was 72.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 51 Hossler Rd, Manheim, PA 17545

Physical Location: 1355 Lancaster Rd, Manheim, PA

Phone:

Denominational Affiliations:

Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

[edit] Map

Map:Kauffman Mennonite Church (Manheim, Pennsylvania, USA)


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Kauffman Mennonite Church (Manheim, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 27 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kauffman_Mennonite_Church_(Manheim,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania)&oldid=120338.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Kauffman Mennonite Church (Manheim, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Kauffman_Mennonite_Church_(Manheim,_Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania)&oldid=120338.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 157-158. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.