From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:52, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Mission work was begun in La Mesa, Cundinamarca, Colombia, South America by the General Conference Mennonite Church in 1953. Alice Bachert, then living in nearby San Javier, and LaVerne A. Rutschman were instrumental in gathering a formerly disorganized group of believers and organizing them into a church in November 1953. A lot and building on Calle 6a, #21-69 were purchased in July 1954, and the building was remodeled to serve as a chapel and day school. The day school was named Colegio Meno and was opened in 1955. Lic. Luis Rodriguez was the minister-in-charge of preaching and teaching. The baptized membership number was 23.


Author(s) Gerald Stucky
Date Published 1958


Cite This Article

MLA style

Stucky, Gerald. "La Mesa (Cundinamarca, Colombia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 18 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=La_Mesa_(Cundinamarca,_Colombia)&oldid=88843.

APA style

Stucky, Gerald. (1958). La Mesa (Cundinamarca, Colombia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=La_Mesa_(Cundinamarca,_Colombia)&oldid=88843.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.