From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Lancaster Christian Street Mission ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), a mission for African American people, was opened in 1933 as an outpost for the [[James Street Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)|East Vine Street Mission]], [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference]]. It opened on Howard Street, moved to 460 Rockland Street, and after 1939 was located in a meetinghouse at South Christian and Locust Street. Joseph S. Lehman was superintendent of the work from the start and was also pastor 1935-1955. In 1955 D. Stoner Krady was bishop and Lester T. Weaver minister. The membership in 1956 was 51.
 
Lancaster Christian Street Mission ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), a mission for African American people, was opened in 1933 as an outpost for the [[James Street Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)|East Vine Street Mission]], [[Lancaster Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Lancaster Mennonite Conference]]. It opened on Howard Street, moved to 460 Rockland Street, and after 1939 was located in a meetinghouse at South Christian and Locust Street. Joseph S. Lehman was superintendent of the work from the start and was also pastor 1935-1955. In 1955 D. Stoner Krady was bishop and Lester T. Weaver minister. The membership in 1956 was 51.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 271|date=1958|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 271|date=1958|a1_last=Landis|a1_first=Ira D|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:52, 20 August 2013

Lancaster Christian Street Mission (Mennonite Church), a mission for African American people, was opened in 1933 as an outpost for the East Vine Street Mission, Lancaster Mennonite Conference. It opened on Howard Street, moved to 460 Rockland Street, and after 1939 was located in a meetinghouse at South Christian and Locust Street. Joseph S. Lehman was superintendent of the work from the start and was also pastor 1935-1955. In 1955 D. Stoner Krady was bishop and Lester T. Weaver minister. The membership in 1956 was 51.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1958


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Crossroads Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 23 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crossroads_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=88896.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1958). Crossroads Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crossroads_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=88896.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 271. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.