From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:52, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Lancaster Christian Street Mission (Mennonite Church), a mission for African American people, was opened in 1933 as an outpost for the East Vine Street Mission, Lancaster Mennonite Conference. It opened on Howard Street, moved to 460 Rockland Street, and after 1939 was located in a meetinghouse at South Christian and Locust Street. Joseph S. Lehman was superintendent of the work from the start and was also pastor 1935-1955. In 1955 D. Stoner Krady was bishop and Lester T. Weaver minister. The membership in 1956 was 51.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1958


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Crossroads Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 10 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crossroads_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=88896.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1958). Crossroads Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Crossroads_Mennonite_Church_(Lancaster,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=88896.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 271. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.