From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:22, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Landisville, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, is a small village. It was settled first by retired farmers. Jacob Minnich in1798 built the first house on the Harrisburg Pike, six miles (10 km)  northwest of Lancaster, and in 1808 a hostelry. In 1809 his brother-in-law built the second dwelling near by, which John Landis (Jr.) purchased to be used as a store. The village was named Landisville in his honor; he also became the first postmaster. The town, in East Hempfield Township, has three meetinghouses – Landisville Mennonite, Reformed Mennonite, and Church of God.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Landisville (Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Landisville_(Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=83013.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Landisville (Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Landisville_(Lancaster_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=83013.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 282. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.