From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
The group included Mennonites from the village of [[Landskrone (Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)|Landskrone]] in the [[Molotschna Mennonite Settlement (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)|Molotschna]]. These immigrants from [[Ukraine|Ukraine]] settled on Namaka Farm, an 8 square mile tract of land, from a variety of places and churches in the [[Union of Soviet Socialist Republics|Soviet Union]]. The group worshiped together with the [[Mennonite Brethren Church|Mennonite Brethren]] who built their own church, but were organizationally associated with the General Conference church at Rosemary, which sent a minister to Namaka once a month. Settlement in the area declined as economic conditions improved and mobility increased.
 
The group included Mennonites from the village of [[Landskrone (Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)|Landskrone]] in the [[Molotschna Mennonite Settlement (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)|Molotschna]]. These immigrants from [[Ukraine|Ukraine]] settled on Namaka Farm, an 8 square mile tract of land, from a variety of places and churches in the [[Union of Soviet Socialist Republics|Soviet Union]]. The group worshiped together with the [[Mennonite Brethren Church|Mennonite Brethren]] who built their own church, but were organizationally associated with the General Conference church at Rosemary, which sent a minister to Namaka once a month. Settlement in the area declined as economic conditions improved and mobility increased.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Dick, C. L. <em>The Mennonite Conference of Alberta: A History of its Churches and Institutions</em>. Edmonton: The Mennonite Conference of Alberta, 1981, 147 pp.
 
Dick, C. L. <em>The Mennonite Conference of Alberta: A History of its Churches and Institutions</em>. Edmonton: The Mennonite Conference of Alberta, 1981, 147 pp.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=July 1986|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=July 1986|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 19:52, 20 August 2013

Namaka, Alberta. The congregation dissolved about 1937. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada (1930-37). The language of worship was German.

The congregation began services about 1925, and formally organized in 1927. H. H. Willms and A. J. Wall are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.

The group included Mennonites from the village of Landskrone in the Molotschna. These immigrants from Ukraine settled on Namaka Farm, an 8 square mile tract of land, from a variety of places and churches in the Soviet Union. The group worshiped together with the Mennonite Brethren who built their own church, but were organizationally associated with the General Conference church at Rosemary, which sent a minister to Namaka once a month. Settlement in the area declined as economic conditions improved and mobility increased.

[edit] Bibliography

Dick, C. L. The Mennonite Conference of Alberta: A History of its Churches and Institutions. Edmonton: The Mennonite Conference of Alberta, 1981, 147 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published July 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Landskroner Mennonite Church (Namaka, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 1986. Web. 31 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Landskroner_Mennonite_Church_(Namaka,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=88903.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (July 1986). Landskroner Mennonite Church (Namaka, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Landskroner_Mennonite_Church_(Namaka,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=88903.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.