From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Lausoms-Gemeente is a Flemish congregation on the Dutch island of [[Ameland (Friesland, Netherlands)|Ameland]]. It was named after Laus Hendricks of [[Nes (Ostfriesland, Niedersachsen, Germany)|Nes]], one of its first elders, who served here 1683-ca.1745. It was also called the [[Foppe Ones (1626-1696)|Foppe Ones]] congregation. It must have originated in the early 1660s. The names of many of its preachers and elders have been handed down. In 1804 it joined with the Jan Jacobsz group, a group of Old Frisian Mennonites, but usually called Old Flemish.
 
Lausoms-Gemeente is a Flemish congregation on the Dutch island of [[Ameland (Friesland, Netherlands)|Ameland]]. It was named after Laus Hendricks of [[Nes (Ostfriesland, Niedersachsen, Germany)|Nes]], one of its first elders, who served here 1683-ca.1745. It was also called the [[Foppe Ones (1626-1696)|Foppe Ones]] congregation. It must have originated in the early 1660s. The names of many of its preachers and elders have been handed down. In 1804 it joined with the Jan Jacobsz group, a group of Old Frisian Mennonites, but usually called Old Flemish.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
<em>Doopsgezinde Bijdragen </em>(1889): 5, 12, 17, 20. <em>
 
<em>Doopsgezinde Bijdragen </em>(1889): 5, 12, 17, 20. <em>
Line 8: Line 6:
  
 
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. <em>Mennonitisches Lexikon</em>. Frankfurt &amp; Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967:<em> </em>II, 625.
 
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. <em>Mennonitisches Lexikon</em>. Frankfurt &amp; Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967:<em> </em>II, 625.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 299|date=1957|a1_last=van der Zijpp|a1_first=Nanne|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 299|date=1957|a1_last=van der Zijpp|a1_first=Nanne|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:23, 20 August 2013

Lausoms-Gemeente is a Flemish congregation on the Dutch island of Ameland. It was named after Laus Hendricks of Nes, one of its first elders, who served here 1683-ca.1745. It was also called the Foppe Ones congregation. It must have originated in the early 1660s. The names of many of its preachers and elders have been handed down. In 1804 it joined with the Jan Jacobsz group, a group of Old Frisian Mennonites, but usually called Old Flemish.

Bibliography

Doopsgezinde Bijdragen (1889): 5, 12, 17, 20.

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: II, 625.


Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Lausoms-Gemeente (Ameland, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lausoms-Gemeente_(Ameland,_Netherlands)&oldid=83084.

APA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1957). Lausoms-Gemeente (Ameland, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lausoms-Gemeente_(Ameland,_Netherlands)&oldid=83084.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 299. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.