Revision as of 19:40, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Lausoms-Gemeente is a Flemish congregation on the Dutch island of Ameland. It was named after Laus Hendricks of Nes, one of its first elders, who served here 1683-ca.1745. It was also called the Foppe Ones congregation. It must have originated in the early 1660s. The names of many of its preachers and elders have been handed down. In 1804 it joined with the Jan Jacobsz group, a group of Old Frisian Mennonites, but usually called Old Flemish.


Doopsgezinde Bijdragen (1889): 5, 12, 17, 20.

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: II, 625.

Author(s) Nanne van der Zijpp
Date Published 1957

Cite This Article

MLA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Lausoms-Gemeente (Ameland, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 28 Oct 2016.,_Netherlands)&oldid=66279.

APA style

van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1957). Lausoms-Gemeente (Ameland, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 October 2016, from,_Netherlands)&oldid=66279.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 299. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.