From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Lena, MB. Lay leader Abe J. Neufeld served in the late 1960s as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 77 members. The congregation dissolved in 1968. It had been affiliated with the [[Mennonite Church Manitoba|Conference of Mennonites in Manitoba]], the [[Conference of Mennonites in Canada|Conference of Mennonites in Canada]] (1927) and the General Conference Mennonite Church (1930). The language of worship was German.
 
Lena, MB. Lay leader Abe J. Neufeld served in the late 1960s as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 77 members. The congregation dissolved in 1968. It had been affiliated with the [[Mennonite Church Manitoba|Conference of Mennonites in Manitoba]], the [[Conference of Mennonites in Canada|Conference of Mennonites in Canada]] (1927) and the General Conference Mennonite Church (1930). The language of worship was German.
  
The congregation began services in 1926, and formally organized in 1927. The first building was occupied in 1934. [[Enns, Franz F. (1871-1940)|Franz F. Enns]] is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the [[Union of Soviet Socialist Republics|Soviet Union]].
+
The congregation began services in 1926, and formally organized in 1927. The first building was occupied in 1934. [[Enns, Franz F. (1871-1940)| Franz F. Enns]] is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the [[Union of Soviet Socialist Republics|Soviet Union]].
  
 
Lena was part of the [[Whitewater Mennonite Church Group (Manitoba, Canada)|Whitewater Gemeinde]]. After dissolution most members went to Killarney Mennonite, with a few also going to [[Whitewater Mennonite Church (Boissevain, Manitoba, Canada)|Boissevain]]. The last service was held 26 May 1968.
 
Lena was part of the [[Whitewater Mennonite Church Group (Manitoba, Canada)|Whitewater Gemeinde]]. After dissolution most members went to Killarney Mennonite, with a few also going to [[Whitewater Mennonite Church (Boissevain, Manitoba, Canada)|Boissevain]]. The last service was held 26 May 1968.

Latest revision as of 14:07, 23 August 2013

Lena, MB. Lay leader Abe J. Neufeld served in the late 1960s as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 77 members. The congregation dissolved in 1968. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Manitoba, the Conference of Mennonites in Canada (1927) and the General Conference Mennonite Church (1930). The language of worship was German.

The congregation began services in 1926, and formally organized in 1927. The first building was occupied in 1934. Franz F. Enns is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.

Lena was part of the Whitewater Gemeinde. After dissolution most members went to Killarney Mennonite, with a few also going to Boissevain. The last service was held 26 May 1968.

[edit] Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (3 August 1956): 7; (8 August 1958): 3.

Neufeld, G. G. Die Geschichte der Whitewater Mennoniten Gemeinde in Manitoba, Canada, 1925-1965. Altona, MB: D.W. Friesen, 1967: 102-23.

A History of the Whitewater Mennonite Church, 1927-1987. 1987, 99 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Lena Mennonite Church (Lena, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 28 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lena_Mennonite_Church_(Lena,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=92437.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Lena Mennonite Church (Lena, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lena_Mennonite_Church_(Lena,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=92437.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.