From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:41, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

the Liberty Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) was located near South English, Keokuk County, Iowa and was a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference. It was organized in 1898 by L. J. Heatwole and Daniel Driver with nine members. The membership in 1954 was 84. S. B. Wenger was one of the charter members and a chief promoter of the work at this place. Services were held in a schoolhouse until the autumn of 1900, when a new meetinghouse was dedicated. The first resident minister was S. G. Lapp, later ordained bishop. Serving with him was P. J. Blosser as minister from 1907, serving as bishop since 1929. Silas J. Horst was assistant pastor in 1955.


Bibliography

Gingerich, Melvin. Mennonites in Iowa. Iowa City, 1939.



Author(s) Silas J Horst
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Horst, Silas J. "Liberty Mennonite Church (South English, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Liberty_Mennonite_Church_(South_English,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=66365.

APA style

Horst, Silas J. (1957). Liberty Mennonite Church (South English, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Liberty_Mennonite_Church_(South_English,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=66365.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 334. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.