Locust Grove Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Locust Grove Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located five miles (eight km) southwest of Elkhart, Indiana, is a member of the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference. It developed out of a Sunday school mission operated by students of Goshen College and was organized with its own pastor (Russell Krabill) in 1945. In 1948 Ralph Stahly was ordained as pastor, and in 1954 as bishop. The membership in 1956 was 54. The meetinghouse was built in 1950.

The church closed in the early 1990s.


Author(s) Ralph Stahly
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Stahly, Ralph. "Locust Grove Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 15 Dec 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Locust_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Elkhart,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=83306.

APA style

Stahly, Ralph. (1957). Locust Grove Mennonite Church (Elkhart, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 15 December 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Locust_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(Elkhart,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=83306.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 384. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.