From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
The school was located in the heart of this Mennonite area, with the [[Lustre Mennonite Brethren Church (Lustre, Montana, USA)|Mennonite Brethren Church]] of Lustre, the [[Bethel Mennonite Church (Lustre, Montana, USA)|Bethel Mennonite Church]], and the [[Lustre Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Lustre, Montana, USA)|Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church]], all within two or three miles of the Academy, and drew its support completely from the interested local Mennonite constituency. Leo Goertzel was principal from about 1947 with three additional teachers on the staff. The enrollment for 1954-1955 was 40-45.
 
The school was located in the heart of this Mennonite area, with the [[Lustre Mennonite Brethren Church (Lustre, Montana, USA)|Mennonite Brethren Church]] of Lustre, the [[Bethel Mennonite Church (Lustre, Montana, USA)|Bethel Mennonite Church]], and the [[Lustre Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Lustre, Montana, USA)|Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church]], all within two or three miles of the Academy, and drew its support completely from the interested local Mennonite constituency. Leo Goertzel was principal from about 1947 with three additional teachers on the staff. The enrollment for 1954-1955 was 40-45.
  
The school became known as Lustre Christian High School in 1978.  
+
The school became known as Lustre Christian High School in 1978.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=1957|a1_last=Wiebe|a1_first=Henry P|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=1957|a1_last=Wiebe|a1_first=Henry P|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:53, 20 August 2013

Lustre Bible Academy, located at Lustre, Montana, was an outgrowth of the Lustre Bible School, which was begun in 1928. In 1947-1948 a two-year high-school course was added. In 1948-1949 the Academy was accredited as a regular 4-year high school by the state of Montana. In addition to the high-school curriculum Bible subjects were also taught. In 1954 a new school building with gymnasium was erected. The girls' dormitory, two teacherages, and the old and new school buildings stand on a spacious campus.

The school was located in the heart of this Mennonite area, with the Mennonite Brethren Church of Lustre, the Bethel Mennonite Church, and the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church, all within two or three miles of the Academy, and drew its support completely from the interested local Mennonite constituency. Leo Goertzel was principal from about 1947 with three additional teachers on the staff. The enrollment for 1954-1955 was 40-45.

The school became known as Lustre Christian High School in 1978.


Author(s) Henry P Wiebe
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiebe, Henry P. "Lustre Bible Academy (Lustre, Montana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lustre_Bible_Academy_(Lustre,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=89124.

APA style

Wiebe, Henry P. (1957). Lustre Bible Academy (Lustre, Montana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lustre_Bible_Academy_(Lustre,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=89124.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.