Difference between revisions of "Margenau (Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Margenau, located on the Kurushan River, a tributary of the Molotschna River, was a village of the [[Molotschna Mennonite Settlement (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)|Molotschna Mennonite settlement]], Gnadenfeld volost, [[Berdyansk (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)|Berdyansk]] district, [[Ukraine|Ukraine]], founded in 1819. The village consisted of some 300 inhabitants and was primarily agricultural. During the famine of 1932-1933, more than 50 persons died. Under the Soviets many individuals were exiled. When the German army approached in 1941, the Margenau Mennonite population was sent to Asiatic Russia. Only a few remained during the German occupation and have since reached North America.
 
Margenau, located on the Kurushan River, a tributary of the Molotschna River, was a village of the [[Molotschna Mennonite Settlement (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)|Molotschna Mennonite settlement]], Gnadenfeld volost, [[Berdyansk (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)|Berdyansk]] district, [[Ukraine|Ukraine]], founded in 1819. The village consisted of some 300 inhabitants and was primarily agricultural. During the famine of 1932-1933, more than 50 persons died. Under the Soviets many individuals were exiled. When the German army approached in 1941, the Margenau Mennonite population was sent to Asiatic Russia. Only a few remained during the German occupation and have since reached North America.
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. <em class="gameo_bibliography">Mennonitisches Lexikon</em>. Frankfurt &amp; Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967<em class="gameo_bibliography">: </em>II, 626; III, 36.
 
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. <em class="gameo_bibliography">Mennonitisches Lexikon</em>. Frankfurt &amp; Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967<em class="gameo_bibliography">: </em>II, 626; III, 36.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 478|date=1957|a1_last=Krahn|a1_first=Cornelius|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 478|date=1957|a1_last=Krahn|a1_first=Cornelius|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:54, 20 August 2013

Margenau, located on the Kurushan River, a tributary of the Molotschna River, was a village of the Molotschna Mennonite settlement, Gnadenfeld volost, Berdyansk district, Ukraine, founded in 1819. The village consisted of some 300 inhabitants and was primarily agricultural. During the famine of 1932-1933, more than 50 persons died. Under the Soviets many individuals were exiled. When the German army approached in 1941, the Margenau Mennonite population was sent to Asiatic Russia. Only a few remained during the German occupation and have since reached North America.

Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: II, 626; III, 36.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Margenau (Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Margenau_(Molotschna_Mennonite_Settlement,_Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=89338.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1957). Margenau (Molotschna Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Margenau_(Molotschna_Mennonite_Settlement,_Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=89338.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 478. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.